A Curried Squash Number
For the soup:
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 2 medium shallots, diced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- ½ stalk fresh lemongrass, cut in half
- 1 ½ Tbs Bobbie's Boat Sauce Hot
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into large dice
- 1-2 Tbs green curry paste (start with one and see if it needs more)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 ½ Tbs Fish Sauce
2½ cups water (or stock)
For the savory granola:
- ½ cup dried unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup raw peanuts (but roasted is fine)
- 1 tsp minced lemongrass
- 3-4 lime leaves, very thinly sliced
- 2 T Bobbie's Boat Sauce Hot
- fresh cilantro or basil
- Preheat the oven to 300 for the granola. In a heavy bottom pot, heat the oil on low and saute shallots with lemongrass and ginger until shallots just start to brown, take your time.
- Add Boat Sauce and continue to saute for a minute or two, before adding the rest of the soup ingredients .
- Cook for about 25 minutes, until squash is super tender, then fish out the lemongrass.
- Meanwhile, make the garnish. combine peanuts, lemongrass, lime leaves and boat sauce in a bowl, stir to combine
- Spread this mixture on a lined sheet pan, and bake for about 20 minutes, stirring often after the first 10 minutes. Watch that you don't scorch the coconut.
- Back to the soup: puree in blender (or hand blender), and adjust for salt (you may not need any).
- Serve in bowls with the savory granola on top, some torn fresh basil or cilantro, and lime wedges for squeezing.
← Older Post
Newer Post →
Back to RECIPES